October 2, 2007

prəˈmiskyoōəs girl.

Emily's latest post got me thinking, as she describes a woman who wears sexy, revealing clothing as a "slut."

"Slut" is a negative term for a sexually promiscuous woman. In my virginal opinion, there's nothing wrong with having numerous partners as long as one takes the proper precautions against pregnancy and STDs, and accepts the consequences when she is responsible.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with wearing "sexy" clothes once the girl becomes a teenager. Why does the
"my body, my choice" reproductive rights mantra not apply to an Abercrombie denim miniskirt?

It's interesting how the word "slut" has morphed into such an ugly term. I think it's time for women, sluts or not, to reclaim these "bad" words and turn into positives.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

its almost as if these days the term "slut" applies to any girl who has done wrong. as does bitch , i know this from experience. today, it slike toehr girls call other girls sluts for any reason ( lies, cheats , dresses oddly, says soemthing ). hm.. yeah, i can;t reall ythink of anything else to say =] .

Unknown said...

btw - emily thank you soo much!! im glad you know me so you can have a real opinion....

i really hope you know what im talking about, or else this is a bit weird..

Unknown said...

btw - how did u get the letters on promiscous girl all upside down and odd looking?

Anonymous said...

I have a MacBook Pro and one of the applications is a dictionary (I'm pretty sure it's on all Apple computers by default), so I just copied the dictionary pronounciation guide, līk sō [like so].