January 4, 2008

Does the Iowa Caucus Merit a Victory Dance?

The Iowa caucus is all said and done, and it's time to examine the results. Obama won over the Democratic set with 38% percent of the vote, and Republican voters selected Huckabee by a near landslide. I don't love Barack Obama (I'm a Clinton girl), but I do like him. I understand why people are crazy in love with Obama, and I do think he'd make a good President. I agree with him on many of the issues moreso than I do some of the other Democratic nominees.

As for Mike Huckabee, this is some awful news. The Christian soldier with a penchant for dieting and celebrity endorsements roundhouse-kicked his way to the top of the Republican polls by infantilising women who have abortions and playing surrogate daddy to pregnant teen star Jamie Lynn Spears. The silver-lining? In the general elections, Huckabee might as well start digging his grave (with a knife and fork, to say the least).

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha.
I honestly don't think this guy knows what he's talking about (Huckabee). If he thinks he can say stuff like" I support you decision to keep the baby" to a sixteen year old will win him the "nice guy" vote, he is wrong.

Emily said...

Argh! I was going to write a Iowa Caucus post, but you beat me to the punch.

My thoughts: I think Obama has GREAT potential to be an amazing president eventually. The main thing most canidates say about him is that he doesn't have enough experience. If he became Hillary's vice president and ran with her, he would get the experience he needs to run in the next election AND he could help Hillary get the positive face that she needs to make it into office.

Huckabee? Hah. I actually hope he becomes the nominee because either Hillary or Obama would flatten him like a steam roller.