April 21, 2008

NEXT Stereotype, Please

You know what I love to do? I love to watch shows where frat boys can whip through skanky girls like tissue paper. Many of you might have heard of the MTV show "Next," but if you take a minute to stop laughing at the horrendous rhyming and styling, you'll find something much more disturbing than any quantity of hair gel.

On each episode, there is always AT LEAST one young woman who grabs at her breasts, smooshes them together, and says, "I'm sure to win. I mean, just look at these things!" These women are voluntarily objectifying themselves. Voluntarily. I cannot stress enough how women are perpetuating their own oppression through turning themselves into living sex dolls.

ATTENTION ALL WOMEN! ATTENTION ALL GIRLS! You do not need to show your cleavage and act like a prostitute to catch a guy's eye!

(I seriously have got to stop watching MTV)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't stop watching MTV because The Paper is actually decent!

Anonymous said...

How dare women do what they want with their bodies - like show them off, if they so please.