January 30, 2008

Race and Gender are the New Hanging Chads

Now that John Edwards has officially dropped out of the presidential race, white males with a yearning to vote blue will face a terrible dilemma: vote for their race, or their gender

Sound silly? That's because it is. Yet CNN still thought it was incredibly ingenious to publish a story about the "dilemma" black women face in the voting booth, since, obviously neither blacks nor women ever consider the issues when at the presidential polls.

Angry responses ensued, including one (re: amazing) woman named Tiffany, who sarcastically writes the following in response:
"Duh, I'm a black woman and here I am at the voting booth. Duh, since I'm illiterate I'll pull down the lever for someone. Hm... Well, he black so I may vote for him... oh wait she a woman I may vote for her... What Ise gon' do? Oh lordy!"

CNN has yet to publish a similar story featuring the new white man's dilemma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at that woman's quote. :D